2014-15 TYWS Members
Dr. Bradley N. Kent, Conductor and Music Director
- Mission Statement – Through the preparation and performance of outstanding repertoire in a professional atmosphere of artistic excellence, the Texas Youth Wind Symphony seeks to facilitate musical growth for the highly motivated young musician; which, in turn, will foster creativity, cultural awareness and a life-long love and appreciation for the arts.
Benefits of Membership
- Students prepare outstanding literature in a short amount of rehearsal time, all while instilling an understanding of expectations similar to that of a professional musician.
- Students collaborate regularly with many of the top musicians their age in the greater Austin area.
- Students collaborate with guest soloists and composers.
- Students perform in outstanding venues.
- Student membership is an asset to their high school band programs and must be concurrent with membership in their high school band.
Long Term Vision
- Collaborate with the UT BSOM – guest composers, faculty members, and the band program.
- Commission new works.
- Create an artistic opportunity that appeals to the very best wind and percussion students in the greater Austin area – all while promoting a positive relationship with area high school band programs.